Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!


Sorry it’s been so long since my last post.  My blood sugars have been PMS’ing and unpredictable.  The other day I had a headache, a nosebleed, low blood sugar, high blood sugar, absolute and utter exhaustion, and still…it was amazing.  It was literally one of the best days of my life.  You are probably wondering if I hit my head.  How can a day like that have turned out so well? 

My newest niece was born just before 8a.m.  My sister asked me to be in the delivery room with her for the C-Section.  As I got ready for the birth and changed into my scrubs, I discovered that a hot pink bra is a no-no when wearing surprisingly see-through navy blue scrubs.  I had high blood sugar that morning upon waking so I took a massive shot…and regretted it as I felt it dropping and I realized I’d have a mask on and no sugar nearby in the operating room.  I was inhaling Skittles and having a quiet personal freak out as my sister was being prepped, when all the sudden a delightful nurse asked if I wanted juice.  “YES!” I replied as I downed as much glucose as my excited CrAzY self could stomach (what with all the nervous butterflies).  Thank goodness for the sugar, after the surgery my blood sugar was a happy 107.  I also snagged an extra juice in case the “baby daddy” needed one later since he is also a type 1 diabetic that has a knack (like me!) of going low in allll the wrong places. 

When the doctor said “stand up” to me so I could get the very first glimpse of my tiny, wiggling pink niece, I cried like a baby.  What a beautiful experience.  She was (thank you God) perfect.

We needed that little sweetie to be perfect.  My sister has been through difficult deliveries that resulted in NICU stays for two of her older children.  Her husband has Type 1 diabetes, her sister (me) has Type 1 diabetes, her other daughter has cerebral palsy.  She has a full plate with all of us needing her support and advice on a regular basis.  She never fails.  She gives unbelievable amounts of time and love to each of us.  She is, without question, my best girlfriend.  I’d do anything for her.       

All went well, baby and sis are doing great and this proud Auntie (whose name happens to be the baby’s middle name!) is on cloud nine.  J

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! A new niece trumps PMSing blood sugars anyday!!! Congrats to you and your sis ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congratulations on the new arrival and not letting the D spoil such an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoHoooooooooooooo!!! Congrats to you and your family Meagan. What a wonderful experience, witnessing the beginning of a life. Love ya girl...and she cannot go wrong with her middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im not sure where my post went, grr! i'll try to re-write it. congrats on your new baby neice. i could literally feel your pride and excitement as i read your post. how special being in the delivery and lending your name to the new addition! had to laugh abt the see thru scrubs, dont wanna distract the drs at a time like that! eek to the lows at the wrong times. - jules from bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting article explaining whether sugar consumption causes diabetes http://asweetlife.org/feature/does-sugar-cause-diabetes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

    Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. Stroke, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete